For realization of the development strategy of Volgograd State Technical University, its administration has specified the following fundamentals of the Quality Policy:
- Supporting of the compliance of educational activities with:
- State (national) and international educational and quality standards;
- Increasing society demand in qualified specialists and research workers and educators of high qualification;
- Trainees' demands in mental, cultural, intellectual, and moral development.
- Establishment of stable mutually beneficial contacts with all parties interested in educational activities, learning and foreseeing their demands, and realizing these demands within educational process;
- Leadership and personal responsibility of administrative workers on all levels, providing for understanding by every worker his/her tasks, functions, powers, and responsibilities;
- Active involvement of lecturers, employees, and trainees in the activities aimed at education quality improvement by means of continuous competence upgrade, motivation rising, support of creative initiative, development of corporate culture;
- Development of scientific schools, support of investigations and creative activities of research workers, educators, and trainees;
- Integration of educational process with scientific researches and works, strengthening of creative connections with scientific institutions, enterprises, and other organizations;
- Conducting of regular self-certification and learning the experience of leading educational institution, as the tools of the university activities perfection;
- Widening of educational services, providing for their accessibility, utilizing new ones, in that number, information educational technologies;
- Perfection of educational process for the purpose of construction of socially active and creative personality of a trainee possessing high professional responsibility, inner-directedness, civil consciousness, high moral principles;
- Informatization of the University, providing for quality improvement of all kind of activities;
- Regular improvement of educational and methodical support, as well as logistical support of the educational process, working and learning conditions of personnel and trainees;
- Social support of the personnel and the trainees, their health and safety protection.
The Quality Policy is being permanently analyzed and used by the top executive management as means for providing for the quality guarantee of educational activities. The Policy was approved at the meeting of the Scientific Council on 25th of October, 2006.
Rector of VSTU, corresponding member of RAS Vladimir I. Lysak.